In January of 2008, the Jugendamt (Germany’s youth welfare office) and police officials surrounded the Gorber family’s Uberlingen home in a surprise raid. Mr. Gorber was away from home at the time of the raid, visiting his wife at a local hospital where she had been admitted, due to complications from her pregnancy with their ninth child. Despite the children’s repeated protests, all but the oldest son, age 21, and a daughter, age 20, were taken into custody by the authorities.
The siblings reported that the 7-year-old was gripped around the waist by a youth home music teacher, dragged kicking and screaming across the courtyard, and thrown into a van. The terrified 3-year-old clung to his 20-year-old sister so tightly that even the police and Jugendamt official could not separate them. Both had to be taken to the youth home, where at last the little fellow’s strength gave out and he was taken into custody. [ . . . ]
[ . . . ] This is especially out of the ordinary when nearly all other western European democracies allow for homeschooling by either constitution, law, or practice. Even formerly communist eastern European countries are loosening up their laws and regulations to allow homeschoolers freedom. Far from escaping the rigidly uniformitarian ideas about society that prevailed in Hitler’s Germany, today’s authorities seem to be perpetuating it through their treatment of German homeschoolers. [ . . . ]
The article behind the links, here, will lead you to what we can do. Your signature is needed. Go there. Thanks.
- DOJ seeks deportation of family persecuted in Germany for homeschooling (legalinsurrection.com)
- Why Does the Obama Administration Want To Deport These Homeschoolers? (ourcommunityatfbcdc.wordpress.com)
- Obama Administration Wants to Deport Homeschoolers (healthimpactnews.com)
- Americans Warned: Home Schoolers Stripped of Rights. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- DOJ seeks deportation of family persecuted in Germany for homeschooling (powerlineblog.com)